Hello 90s, I haven’t missed you. Fashion decided differently.
So readers, here we are at the verge of a trend called “90s now”. I was looking at my favorite websites like forever21.com, ae.com, pinterst.com, and cottonon.com. (Only to name a few) and seeing a new pattern.
It’s the time of flannel, cut off jeans, bright shirts and cropped short tops. Personally, I am not a huge fan of the 90s era of clothing. I am great full that I was a kid back then and not in high school.
I have talked in previous blog entries about the bright colors of this season. I was surprised by this latest trend alert. During spring break, I saw a girl at a local ice cream shop looking like someone straight out of the show Saved By the Bell.
So if you have decided to follow this trend I advise you to at least follow my list of outfit ideas:
Surviving the 90s Trend
1. Be prepared for the cropped top. Last summer, they made an appearance in stores and again this summer they will be the hottest trend. My recommendation would be to make sure you have the body type that compliments this trend.
2. Bring on the flannels. Go for the fitted and body flattering type.
3. Go for the cute bright summer dress. They are short and form fitting.
4. The last part of the trend is the cropped jean shorts. Go for the most flattering for your figure.
5. Have fun…after all it’s just a trend. Not an era of clothing J
As the season begins to turn into summer, decide what you want to add to your wardrobe. Buy things that you’ll wear for more than a trend and if you really want to indulge yourself into the 90s trend than go to a local thrift store and find the diamonds in the rough.
|Spring Break 2012|
Like the time the “poncho” was popular now it’s the time of the “90s now”.
Enjoy for now because like all trends a new one is on the horizon.
Until next time dare to be the beach girl in cowboy boots.